Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August at the cabin

The Knight's spent a couple weekends at the cabin in August. The weather was great! Ben and Olivia love the sand beach Grandma and Grandpa put in.


Olivia loved to sit down on the deck by the sand beach and be around everyone having a good time. The sun felt good, the breeze was nice and the water was warm when we got it. A perfect weekend at the LAKE!As you can see Ben loves to jump on his sand castles. Good thing dad is so patient to build and rebuild the castles as Ben tries to squash them before dad finishes packing the sand in the buckets. Another one of Ben's favorites at the beach is to bury his feet! He loves it when dad digs a hole and he can put his feet in it and get sand buried up to his knees. He rocks back and forth and finally jumps out of the sand pile. He is such a BOY!!

Sometimes it is just nice to be in my rocker and I can play with my toys in the shade. I have to watch out as Ben and the dogs sometimes want to get to close, don't worry I let them know who is boss!! Next year you will see me jumping on my own sand castles, or I will beat Ben to the punch, that is what little sisters are for, ha! ha! ha!

August was a great time at the cabin. We only got 1 solid weekend up there but we made the best of it. The water was great, the sun was out all weekend and we spent the entire time at the beach and in the water. We will miss you cabin, but winter will be over soon enough and we will be back early next summer. Till then.......

No comments: