Monday, September 30, 2013

A New School Year

We are a month into the school year and Ben is doing great. His teacher is Ms.Erstad and she seems like a great teacher with more patience than I could ever dream to have. Ben has some new friends that he talks about often (Max, from his t-ball team, Phillip, Austin, Benjamin L and Brynlynn).
 
 The hardest part for Ben thus far has been walking to school on his own. The first few days I walked him all the way to his classroom. After that we started backing off little by little. First it was just to the front door, then the corner by the school and then just to the crossing guard at the end of our street. Now Ben and Olivia run down the street, Olivia waits for me and Ben is off to school before I can even get all the way down the street with Jameson. I have learned quickly to get my hug and kiss in the driveway before we leave.
Sometimes when I ask was he learned I get the typical "nothing" but then he surprises me with little comments like in the car when he says "mom, when I and A are by themselves they are words" One month into school and he is already starting to read...words he knows are I, am, Little and The. Crazy what these Kindergarteners do these days.

No comments: