Sunday, October 19, 2014

Introducing Owen Thomas Roinestad

Emily and Thomas welcomed Owen Thomas on 10/19/14 at 10:20 pm. It was a long weekend. Emily had been having high blood pressure that the doctors were watching closely and on Friday night they started the induction process. I got to the hospital on Saturday morning around 6:30 am thinking that things would getting started soon. Boy was I wrong. Emily's body was just not ready to have this baby. Thomas and I waited all day Saturday, all Saturday night and a finally on Sunday around noon the doctor could break her water and things were able to progress. 
 Emily did a great job! She had great nurses and doctors over the 2 days and finally this little guy joined us. 
 I finally get to be an Aunt and more exciting is the fact that my kids finally have a cousin! What can I say, they are totally in love with this little guy.
 Saturday we went up to visit since Trevor and Ben had not met Owen yet and it was Thomas's Birthday. When we left Ben was in tears and asked why we had to leave Owen. I had to explain that we did not live with Emily and Thomas. Olivia then asked all day Monday when we were home why we could not go visit the baby.
 Jameson has not wanted to hold him yet but he loves to kiss his head any chance he can get.
 I took this picture and when I looked back at it I started to panic a little. This is what our family will look like in a few very short months. YIKES! 
 Teaching her cousin funny faces already.

 We love this little peanut and we are so blessed to add another member to the Alm, Knight, Roinestad family!



No comments: