Saturday, November 8, 2014

So Proud!!

Last weekend was Kinsley's 5th Birthday Party and since Kinsley had asked her parents for a horse for her birthday they gave her the next best thing, a cowgirl party! Going into the party I thought there is no way Olivia is going to get on a horse. We had checked out a book from the library on horseback riding to try and help prepare her but I really did not think that would make a difference. As I expected the minute we walked into the party she was hanging on my pants. I darn near trip on her because she gets right under my feet. We all headed outside to get on the horses and it was no surprise that Olivia wanted no part in riding. After a few minutes I did get her to start to pet the horses. I thought, okay, this is a good start. Finally, after watching her friends ride for a while mean mommy just put her on the horse with Erin's little girl Avery. There were lots of tears but I just talked to her and held her on the horse.
 After a few minutes the horse started walking and the tears faded away. She was still not too sure about it but at least she had quit crying.
 That was all it took because after a short ride with Avery on Peanut she was asking for her own horse. Here she is on Ginger which remained her horse for the rest of the riding time.
 She was all smiles and was giggling and talking with her friends as we would pass them. I was so proud of her for trying. I think she was really proud of herself as well. The smile on her face said it all!
 The rest of the party was a success as well. She sat with her friends without asking me to sit with her. She sang Happy Birthday and participated in pictures. This may not seem like much for but for this little girl who is usually no where to be found when it comes to picture time, this was a big day for her.
 All the friends, Gracie, Kinsley, Will, Addie, Olivia, Emma (hiding on the ground) and Avery.
What a great party! Happy Birthday to our dear sweet friend Kinsley!

No comments: